Airport Ramp Safety Training
- Any person whose duties require airside access
- Any person whose duties require them to operate basic Ground Support Equipment.
- Staff of supervisory level having responsibility for directing staff and controlling the operational activity.
The main objective of the course is to:
- Create a Safety culture within your workplace.
- Be aware of the safety regulations on the ramp.
- Familiarize with the various tasks on the ramp.
- Be aware of the risks involved on the ramp.
- Be aware of the possible factors causing accidents on the ramp.
- To have knowledge on the emergency procedures during situations.
The BAS ‘Airport Ramp Safety Training’ course is a planned two day classroom training demonstrating the safety procedures to be followed in the ramp area for employees having access to the airside. The course is designed to include all possible elements of safety with regards to the respective job function.
The program has included topics as follows as required in the IATA AHM 611
- Safety Philosophy
- Safety regulations
- Human factors
- Ramp Hazards
- Emergency situations
- FOD prevention program
- Airside markings and signage
- Circle of Safety
- Approaching an Arriving Aircraft
- Personal protection
- Accidents and Incidents
- Airside safety supervision
The participants shall be evaluated by them undertaking a written examination of 60 minute duration with a minimum pass mark of 80%.