Dangerous Goods For Passenger Handling, Load Planners and Flight Crew – CAT 8, 9 & 10
Passenger Handling, Security Screening, Load Planners and Ramp Personnel
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Be able to identify dangerous goods.
- Have knowledge of the origin of the current regulations and be aware of the general philosophy.
- Identify the classes of dangerous goods.
- Be able to refer to the List of Dangerous Goods.
- Recognize the hazard/handling labels applicable to dangerous goods.
- Recognize dangerous goods packaging.
- Be able to identify potential hidden hazards in baggage and cargo.
- Be familiar with loading and storage procedures.
- Be aware of the provisions for dangerous goods in baggage of passenger and crew.
- Describe the purpose of the segregation procedures.
- Be familiar with dangerous goods emergency response procedures.
- Course Objectives
- Training Requirements
- General Philosophy
- Definition of Dangerous Goods
- Legal Basis
- Information to Passengers
- Recognition of Hidden Dangerous Goods
- Provisions for Dangerous Goods carried by Passengers and crew
- Dangerous Goods Classification
- Class 1 Explosives – Hazard Label
- Class 1.4 Explosives – Hazard Label
- Class 1 Explosives Compatibility Group
- Class 2 Gases – Hazard Label
- Class 3 Flammable Liquid– Hazard Label
- Class 4 Flammable Solids – Hazard Label
- Class 5 – Oxidizer and Organic Peroxide Hazard Label
- Class 6 – Toxic and Infectious Substance Hazard Label
- Class 7 – Radioactive materials Hazard Label
- Class 8 – Corrosives Hazard Label
- Class 9 – Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods Hazard Label
- Handling Label
- UN Specification Package Marking
- Dangerous Goods Package Marking
- List of Dangerous Goods
- Storage and Loading of Dangerous Goods
- Inspection of Packages
- Segregation of Packages
- Commodity Specific Requirements
- Dangerous Goods and Special Load Segregation Chart
- Pilot-in- Command Notification – NOTOC
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
- Emergency Guidance and First Aid
- Dangerous Goods Occurrence Report