Naser Ebrahim Mohamed Bujandal
A.Senior Manager – Cargo
We handle 104,000 tons
of freight per year
Our fully equipped facility
spans 19,000 square meters
We serve over
50 different carriers
The Cargo Services Department of BAS is an integral segment that implements processes for the handling of shipments at Bahrain International Airport. The Department aids in the management of both exported and imported cargo, delivering goods with high-quality standards and a focus on implementing logistics procedures.
The Department is comprised of a team of skilled and well-trained personnel following local and international quality standards. As a ground handling agent (GHA), BAS complies with the Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA), IATA, customers and customs airline procedures.
Functioning as a GHA, our operational protocol is in line with local and international rules and regulations.
With a terminal spanning 19,000 sqm, our export services cover a wide range of services from general cargo to live animals, perishables, valuables, diplomatic mail and vehicles.
The Import Cargo arm of BAS works under the jurisdiction and regulation of the Bahrain Customs. The import of goods in the last five years included major imports of general cargo, live animals, perishables, valuable goods, diplomatic mail and vehicles.
Providing a full range of services to freighter aircraft operators and chartered carriers, BAS cargo utilizes the latest equipment and technology. Backed by a team of highly skilled professionals in handling all kinds of consignments and aircrafts, the team works around the clock to handle shipments for major events across the Kingdom, such as the Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Cargo facilities include:
- Cooling facilities to accommodate perishables and pharmaceuticals;
- Special storage facilities for dangerous goods and valuable cargo;
- Separate storage for diplomatic mail and airmail;
- Dedicated air-conditioned storage facility for live animals with a dedicated air-conditioned transportation for pets;
- 100% screening policy with the use of the latest dual view screening machines and Explosive Trace Detectors (ETD);
- Latest cargo handling system;
- Barcoding system fully used in operations; and
- Capability of handling e-AWB and electronic integration with various stakeholders
Awards and Accreditations
Gulf Air certificate of appreciation for valuable contribution to Gulf Air Falcon Cargo in 2016